First a little background. Around Valentine's Day, Johanna broke one of her Valentine's Day bracelets, which had heart beads on it. A few of those have been laying around in the cupholder of her seat in the car since then. Occasionally she likes to hold them, and being that she is 3 1/2 years old, and knows not to put small things in her mouth, these would seem harmless, right? Well, this past Saturday, Johanna, Julia and I were in the car on our way to eat dinner with my parents. Everyone else was in separate cars. As we are driving to the restaraunt, I hear a few deep sniffs come from Johanna. The Mom in me thought, "Hhm, I wonder why she's sniffing like that? She didn't have a stuffy nose or anything." The thought flashed out of my mind as quickly as it had come. Then I hear, "Mom, my heart is in my nose." What!? I turn around (at a stop light) and sure enough, there is no sign of the thing. I can't even see it. I say, "Okay Johanna, just sit still, don't sniff, and we will get it out when we stop (luckily the restaraunt was right around the corner). I called Cory, who was driving the truck that day, on his cell phone and told him to come over to the van AS SOON AS he got out because he had to get a bead out of Johanna's nose. What!?
All I can say is, thank you to the little mini first aid kit I keep in the diaper bag "just because" that had the little mini set of tweezers that allowed for Cory to perform the extraction of the bead from Johanna's nose. It took him a few tries, and a few tears from Johanna, but he got it out. Way to go Dad! There was no trip to the ER for us that day!
I mean, take a look at these suckers, they are not small!
By the way, it was the pretty pink sparkly one that was up her nose, of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment