I often refer to our third, beautiful child as "Little Rascal". Let me explain that I mean "Little Rascal" in the nicest of terms. She is the adventurous, curious, spunky, not afraid of anything, get into anything and everything she's not supposed to kind of "Little Rascal". We never call her by this nickname, as I don't want to give her a label she would feel like she has to live up to, but it is simply a term used among her parents, and occasionally a term I use in describing particular events to grandparents. Julia is also kind and tender-hearted. She often makes me laugh, and is my "little buddy", as she will be in the kitchen with me, or playing nearby when her older brother and sister run off to play without her. Lucky me!
So, yes, our little water baby turned 3 years old on July 20.(And, yes, she LOVES the water.)
(Bis sister Johanna was busy sleeping when this photo was taken.)
We celebrated this special day, as with every celebration of our children's birthdays, with a trail of gold stars to follow to waiting gifts. This was a fun year because it was the first time Julia understood all that was going on.
We followed the gift opening with a breakfast of pancakes, a round of "Happy Birthday", and the blowing out of candles.
After breakfast we went to swim lessons, which she was more than happy about.
She requested mac and cheese for lunch, and we ended the day with hot fudge sundaes. (with more candles to blow out, of course) I didn't bother to make any cake or cupcakes because her favorite part is the ice cream anyway.
It was a special day for a special girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment