On Monday, We learned about the letter I.
I told her a story called, Ivan and the Icicle, from our LMNOP Manual. Once I finished telling her the story we both tried to find words with the "i" sound in them. Johanna also practiced writing out the letter I, and then we drew pictures in our lesson books.
Mom's Drawing
Johanna's Drawing
Julia's Drawing
On Tuesday, Johanna re-told me the story and I wrote a summary in her lesson book.
Afterward, she practiced writing the letter I using this workbook page...
which went really well with the I craft we did for the day, making "I" iguanas.
Johanna's Iguana
Julia's Iguana
On Wednesday we talked about the letter O.
I read her a book called Old Turtle. Once I had finished reading the book, Johanna and I came up with words having an "O" sound, and then Johanna practiced writing the letter O. We also drew pictures of Angel O in our lesson books.
Mom's Drawing
Johanna's Drawing
Julia's Drawing
On Thursday, I came into the room to see that Grant had made some interesting additions to my chalkboard drawing the day before when he was in the school room doing his homework.
Johanna practiced writing with this "O" page.
She also re-told me the story and I wrote a summary in her lesson book (she copied the title this time).
Next, the girls made some "O" ostriches.
Johanna's Ostrich
Julia's Ostrich
We will finish up the letters next week, and start reading!

















No comments:
Post a Comment