Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kitty Man

My cat has been on my mind a lot lately, especially because of the recent loss of our other cat, and because he just turned 17 years old!  I originally named him Sneakers, but I have never really called him that.  I started calling him Kitty Man, I don't know why really, but that is what I have always called him.  What makes him extra special is his tail, or lack thereof. 

He was a wild, flea infested, part Manx farm kitten when we picked him out all those years ago.  Since then we have been through MANY things together.  He has lived at six different houses, had to get used to a husband, put up with four dogs, became friends with another cat, and has lived through three kids.  Whew!


He still is the wild farm kitten at heart, and he would love to be outside.  When we lived in our last house, we had a fenced in backyard and we were able to let him outside.  He loved it!  Now, it is just too dangerous for the old guy, especially because of our dog, Boomer, who will attack anything with four legs, or even two legs for that matter.  Not to mention that when he does go outside he goes straight for the grass,which means fun green hairballs for Mom to clean up. (Did I mention he is a hairball machine?)


He also prefers to drink running water from the faucet.  Always has



He is a special friend, as all pets are, and I'm glad he has been my buddy all these years!
Thanks, Kitty Man.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry that Kitty Man has been ill - it is tough when they have to go through the trips to the Vet; we love Kitty Man too, not only for his "drinking out of the faucet" trick, but also his friendly ways; he lets us pet him in the early morning hours when he is upstairs - he is a petite and unique kitty and we love him too. Grandma and Grandpa Webb

    ReplyDelete