On Monday, Grant and I talked about prime numbers. I told him a little story involving the math gnomes called, "Sad Prime Finds His Friends". In the story the Gnome King helps Prime to see that he does have a lot of friends just like him using the Sieve of Eratosthenes.
I also read this book:
Afterward, the girls made some drawing based on the book.
Johanna's Drawing
Julia's Drawing
On Tuesday, I wrote down some problems for Grant to work out on his own. After he was done, I went through them with him and we corrected the wrong answers. It was good to do the review and reinforce the material. It had been a while since we had covered some of the math. I had to help him correct quite a few on this first day of review.
I also read this book:
On Wednesday, Grant had another bunch of math problems to work out. Once again, I left him to do it on his own, and then checked his work when he was done. He did much better, and I only had to help him correct one problem.
On Thursday, we used the morning to make Valentine cards for our family and friends.
After lunch, we went to the Warren County Homeschool Group Valentine Skate Party. The kids had a lot of fun there, and I will do a separate post for that.
Next week we will be changing things up as we move into a new lesson block.












No comments:
Post a Comment