Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fairy Garden


Today, the kids and I planted a fairy garden in a birdbath (one that the birds never use).  I filled it with dirt, then we collected moss from our woodland trail to cover the dirt.  We planted some plants, made a stone path, added a house, a picket fence, a few heart shaped rocks, a daylily flower (This was Johanna's idea. She said they could use it as a bed.), and a fairy sized wheelbarrow.  I'm sure more things will be added here and there.  It didn't take us long to finish it which was a good thing, as a thunderstorm was rolling in. Along with the storm came some high winds which made our pond look like it had waves on it.  Our fairy garden weathered it's first storm well.


1 comment:

  1. What a lucky fairy it will be to have such a beautiful home and garden on your farm! I am sure the birds will be happy to share it. Love, Grandma Webb

    ReplyDelete