Sunday, November 18, 2012

G and K

The week of November 5 started off in the usual way.  I added some Martinmas lantern songs into our circle time this week.  Johanna and I have our penny whistle lesson and French lesson after circle time.  We also continued to review the letters she has already learned. We also had a new Super Sam story this week. These are geared toward Julia, but Johanna really likes to listen to them, too.

On Monday, I introduced her to the letter G, and I told her the fairytale, The Golden Goose.


Once I was done, we drew pictures in our lesson books.
 
Mom's Drawing

 Johanna's Drawing

Johanna's G's using a block crayon.


We also got our "Thankful Tree" up this week.  This year we are using pressed, dried leaves, and a metallic sharpie marker to write on them what we are thankful for.
 


On Tuesday, Johanna re-told me the story of The Golden Goose, and I wrote a summary in her main lesson book.



On Wednesday, I introduced Johanna to the letter K.  I read her the fairytale, King Thrushbeard.


After I was done reading the story, Johanna practiced writing out K's, and then we drew pictures in our main lesson books.

Mom's Drawing 

Johanna's Drawing

Johanna's K's


On Thursday, Johanna re-told the story, and I copied a summary into her lesson book.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment