On Monday, Grant and I played a new math game to help reinforce the concept of place value. He really enjoyed the game and asked to play it almost everyday. It came from this book:
I also read Grant a story about Isaac's "almost" sacrifice.
Once I was done reading the story, Grant and I modeled rams out of clay.
I also showed Grant his form drawing for the week:
On Tuesday, Grant re-told me the story of Isaac, and then he copied a summary of the story into his lesson book.
On Wednesday, I read Grant a story about Isaac meeting Rebecca.
After I finished reading the story, Grant and I drew pictures from it in our lesson books.
Mom's Drawing
Grant's Drawing
Total excitement ensued on Thursday morning when the kids woke up to about 1 and 1/2 inches of snow. They all wanted to be suited up and go out even before they ate breakfast, and it was COLD!
Despite his earlier injuries (we're guessing a wrestling match with some barbed wire, but who knows??), and subsequent "putting back together" at the vet on Tuesday, Odin was also out enjoying the snow.
My brother Jeff thought I should make the blog, and snapped this photo of me snapping photos.
Photo courtesy of Uncle Jeff
Photo Courtesy of Uncle Jeff
Photo courtesy of Uncle Jeff
Jeff watching the sledding and hanging out with Odin and Boomer
Johanna got to do one of her most favorite things in the whole world - EAT SNOW!
Photo courtesy of Uncle Jeff
Once I had finally managed to get Grant into the school room (the girls stayed outside to play in the snow), he re-told me the story of Isaac and Rebecca, and then copied the summary in his lesson book.
The kids played outside in the snow most of the afternoon, and a lot of the day on Friday. The majority of snow was melted by Saturday, and the temperatures are supposed to get back into the 50's again this week. The kids made sure they got all the "snow time" they could last week!

























No comments:
Post a Comment