Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Delta Zeta Cicada

I was wearing an old, old, old t-shirt from my long ago Delta Zeta sorority days when Johanna said, "Dad, Mom is wearing her Delta Zeta Cicada shirt."


I have yet to see the beneficial impacts of this bug.  Does any body know of any?? They don't seem to have much going for them.  They are ugly, loud, and not to mention, cicada, aka: locust, aka: one of the plagues of Egypt from the Old Testament. Hello-ooo...

(P.S.  I like the cool little red and blue bug, but what kind of bug is that?)

1 comment:

  1. Here's one for you, ha ha...I saw on ksdk.com that an ice cream shop in Columbia was serving Cicada ice cream and it was a huge hit! They had employees bring in dead cicadas from their yards, tear off their wings, roll them in brown sugar, drizzle them with chocolate, then toss them in ice cream! GROSS! Then the health department stepped in and said that maybe that wasn't such a good idea :) I wonder if Grant would have tried it??? Ewwwww...

    ReplyDelete