Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Running Bases and Graduation

We had a busy weekend. On Friday night, Cory, Grant, Johanna and I went to a Rascal's baseball game while Grandma and Grandpa Hedberg babysat for Julia. We drove Mom and Dad's car and ended up leaving my camera in the back of our van, at their house. Wouldn't you know that Grant was asked if he would like to race the mascot around the bases. Yes, he would! They did it in the middle of the 4th inning. They started at second base and raced for home. They announced Grant's name and age and... ready, set, GO! Grant dug in and ran, leaving the mascot in the dust, of course. When Grant rounded 3rd for home, "Rascal" went the wrong way towards left field. It was pretty funny. Grant would have smoked him anyway. I took pictures on Cory's cell phone and if I can figure out how to get them off, I will add them to this post.

Grant also had his home school co-op Kindergarten graduation on Sunday. Him and one other girl walked in before the 4 seniors that were graduating, and then got up on stage. The girl said a verse and sang a song. Grant recited the 23rd Psalms, with a little help from Mom, and then I and the other Mom presented them with their diplomas.







1 comment: