Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Boy and Girls
I was giving Grant and Johanna their bath a few nights ago, and I was struck by the difference between boys and girls that I saw unfolding in front of me. Grant was on one side of the tub throwing "bath letters" that stick to the wall, as hard as he could, at the wall making a grunting sound to emphasize the amount of muscle he was using. Johanna was sitting on the other side playing gently with two toys (one of which happened to be a pink sea turtle) making them swim around together as she was singing "la, la, la..." to them very quietly (this doesn't happen often). For a few minutes they were each oblivious to the other, until Grant became interested in what she was doing, invaded her space and then it was all over. Sometimes I have to remind myself to live in the moment and just watch them, as they will be grown-up all too soon. These are the moments that are fun to watch, but they are also easy to miss if I don't let myself just stop, breathe and enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a great baseball player Grant will be with all of this pracrice; and Johanna will of course be very artistic like her mother! Love, Grandma Darlene
ReplyDelete